Founded in 1999, California Waters is one of California’s fastest growing Design, Engineering, Construction and Service firms, specializing in recreational aquatics. We have multiple immediate openings for project management personnel, both Project Managers and Project Engineers, and will accept candidates with a range of years of experience.
At California Waters, we are preparing for even more work in the coming months and have the opportunity to grow our staff. We are aggressively hiring for experienced construction experts in our field of water features, fountains, aquatic facilities, swimming pools, splash pads, lakes, rockwork, and related areas. Our existing team consists of knowledgeable and reputable designers, engineers, estimators, project engineers, and project managers who specialize in design, value engineering, construction services, and post construction maintenance and repair services. We are looking to add skilled candidates with multiple full-time positions available now for our construction management division.
We have an immediate full-time opening for a CAD Designer to provide various engineering design and drafting needs in support of our Production Department’s recreational aquatic projects, which include a wide variety of designs, such as fountains, interactive water features, lakes, competition pools, other types of swimming pools, spas, and bio systems.
The CAD Designer is responsible for producing clean and consistent drawings with minimal supervision, working with Managers, Engineers, outside agencies, and clients, exchanging and managing data, and creating a complete set of construction drawings in accordance with set guidelines.
The CAD Designer needs to have a basic understanding of U.S. building codes and standards, staying current with California Building Code, as well as with the respective County’s health department where the project’s construction drawings are to be submitted.
Applicants for this position shall possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the AutoCAD design field and must have full knowledge of drafting fundamentals. The qualified candidate will also possess:
- At least a basic understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and aquatic design concepts.
- Ability to create and manage electronic document file structure in accordance with Company standards.
- Experience with architectural and mechanical construction drawings.
- Experience making revisions to project drawings marked up by supervisor, agency, customer or other party.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Ability to effectively achieve deadlines on concurrent multiple projects and be reliable and accountable.
- Familiarity with manipulating xrefs, layers, and dim styles. 3d knowledge and lisp a plus. Working knowledge of Bluebeam and SalesForce also each a major plus.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive attitude and desire to provide exceptional quality of service to your customers and colleagues.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation. Highly competitive salary DOE, with bonuses, paid vacation days, sick days and holidays, 401K with 8% Company Match, medical and dental benefits, paid life insurance, and more.