Founded in 1999, California Waters is one of California’s fastest growing Design, Engineering, Construction and Service firms, specializing in water features and recreational aquatics.>
At California Waters, we are preparing for even more work in the coming months and have the opportunity to grow our staff at our Orange County, California office, in Yorba Linda. We are aggressively hiring for experienced construction experts in our field of fountains, water features, fountains, swimming pools, splash pads, lakes, rockwork, architectural concrete, special effects and related areas.
Our existing team consists of knowledgeable and respected estimators, designers, engineers, project managers and field personnel who specialize in design, value engineering, construction services, and post construction maintenance and repair services. We are looking to add skilled candidates with multiple full-time positions available now.
Applicants for the Estimator position shall possess a minimum of three years of construction estimating experience in either an engineering or construction capacity in either Aquatics, including commercial swimming pools, splash pads, and/or water features, or in mechanical or industrial plumbing systems, or other similar trades.
The candidate should have an understanding of estimating for commercial construction for as much as possible of the areas of: excavation, concrete, shotcrete, electrical, plumbing, waterproofing, and architectural finishes.
Relocation assistance available for highly qualified candidates.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Estimators are responsible for attending all site pre-bid conferences and site visits; reviewing and evaluating bid specifications, project documents, drawings, and addendums to ensure they know everything required to successfully bid and win the project; creating detailed estimates and submitting bid proposals and packages; and interacting with our customers throughout the bidding process and monitoring all open bids.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Highly proficient at reading and understanding blueprints, specifications and statements of work related to each project.
- Ability to effectively manage each one of your bids.
- Excellent people skills with experience in collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Locating and qualifying new subcontractors.
- Preparing subcontractor bid packages, transmitting addenda and other bid information to subcontractors in a timely manner.
- Contacting vendors to obtain equipment and material quotes for each project.
- Estimating quantities across various trades.
- Able to identify and label in each proposal specific job site conditions and/or exclusions related to each project.
- Show creativity and resourcefulness including value engineering ideas on every project.
- Coordinate turnover to Project Managers after job is won.
- Flexible and self starter, able to multi-task while also being highly detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech in order to communicate with General Contractors, Developers, Public and Municipal Employees, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and internal colleagues.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Construction Engineering Management preferred; equivalent hands-on industry experience accepted.
- 3+ years of formal training combined with field experience in estimating.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite of products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce, Adobe and/or Blue Beam products and software is a major plus.
- CADD experience is not required but considered a plus.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation. Highly competitive salary DOE, with bonuses, Paid vacation days, sick days and holidays, 401K with 8% Company Match, medical and dental benefits, paid life insurance and more. Mandatory drug and physical screening post-offer. California Waters is an EOE.