We have immediate multiple openings for Project Engineers. Our Project Engineers are responsible for providing project support to the Company’s Project Management team and the field.
You will be the primary liaison between the company’s Engineering and Pre-Construction divisions, while also working daily with outside architects, aquatic designers, subcontractors, and our field construction teams. You will manage the administrative functions of multiple concurrent commercial and public works construction projects throughout California which are at varying stages of completion. Salary is open and DOE.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Construction Engineering Management, or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of formal training, combined with field experience, with an engineering or construction-based firm.
- Highly proficient at reading and understanding blueprints, specifications and statements of work related to each project.
- Strong math aptitude and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite of products (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint), as well as Adobe and Bluebeam.
- CAD experience is not required but will be considered a plus. Experience with Foundation accounting software also a plus and not required.
- Pre-qualify subcontractor bids including quantity takeoff and unit cost comparisons. Process subcontractor agreement packages. Provide updated subcontractor and project information, including revised/delta drawings.
- Manage the submittal process.
- Prepare pre-construction and project close out checklist and documentation.
- Attend weekly construction meetings. Schedule project start up and close out meeting. Attend job site meetings and record meeting minutes.
- Assist in preparing RFI’s. Prepare cost estimates for change orders. Update RFI and change order logs.
- Review and forecast job costing profitability. Assist with monthly project billings and project related accounting issues.
- Pull multiple permits from multiple agencies per project.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation.
- Paid vacation days, sick days and holidays.
- 401(K) with up to 8% Company match.
- Medical, dental and vision plans.
- Company-paid life insurance, and more.
Please apply with your resume for a confidential review and response to qualified candidates. Mandatory background check, drug and physical screening post offer. Thank you for your interest. California Waters is an EOE.