Founded in 1999, California Waters is one of California’s fastest growing Design, Engineering, Construction, and Service firms, specializing in water features and recreational aquatics.
At California Waters, we are preparing for even more work in the coming months and have the opportunity to grow our staff at our Orange County, California office, in Yorba Linda. We are aggressively hiring for experienced construction experts in our field of fountains, water features, fountains, swimming pools, splash pads, lakes, rockwork, architectural concrete, special effects and related areas.
Our existing team consists of knowledgeable and respected estimators, designers, engineers, project managers and field personnel who specialize in design, value engineering, construction services, and post-construction maintenance and repair services. We are looking to add skilled candidates with multiple full-time positions available now.
Applicants for this position will have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a supervisory bidding capacity as an Estimator for a construction company, with direct experience overseeing one of the following trades: aquatics, to include water features, fountains, swimming pools and related recreational water systems; mechanical or industrial plumbing systems; or other similar trades.
The Senior Estimator is responsible for the production of cost estimates, as well as reviewing and evaluating cost estimates created by subordinates, to include the assessment of plans, specifications, project documents, drawings, and addendums to ensure we successfully bid the project accurately. The Senior Estimator works closely with Business Development to assist obtaining new contract awards, for both public works and private sector customers, throughout the State of California, and beyond.
Relocation assistance available for highly qualified candidates.
- Possess excellent leadership skills and have the ability to effectively manage your personal bid schedule along with managing your subordinates’ bid schedules
- Comprehensive understanding of earthwork, structural and decorative concrete, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, waterproofing and architectural finishes
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Proficiency in reading and understanding blueprints, specifications and statements of work related to each project
- Expertise in locating and qualifying new subcontractors
- Experience in preparing subcontractor bid packages, transmitting addenda and other bid information to subcontractors in a timely manner
- Experience contacting vendors to obtain equipment and material quotes for each project
- Experience estimating quantities across various trades
- Ability to identify and label in each proposal specific job site conditions and/or exclusions related to each project
- Creativity and resourcefulness including value engineering ideas to be provided on every project
WORK EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- 5+ years of direct and hands-on bidding experience in either an engineering or construction capacity of the following trades: aquatics to include water features, mechanical or industrial plumbing systems and/or structural concrete
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Construction Engineering Management or equivalent experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, and Outlook in particular), Adobe, Bluebeam, and other estimating software. Salesforce and/or CAD experience is not required but considered a plus.
We offer a casual atmosphere with a driven agenda for quality, where excellence is rewarded with advancement and compensation:
- Highly competitive salary DOE
- Paid vacation days, sick days and holidays
- 401(K) with up to 8% Company Match
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid life insurance and more
Mandatory background check, drug, and physical screening post-offer.